L-arginine for erectile dysfunction treatment is a natural alternative to common ED drugs. There are about 20 amino acids that are involved in body function; L-arginine is one of the key ones. Scientists have conducted numerous studies to determine its influence on the processes in the body and possible use for ED treatment.
Natural ED Treatment: Why is L-Arginine So Underrated?
L-arginine is nothing, but fascinating conditionally essential amino acid. Your kidneys can only produce enough L-arginine to meet your needs in case you are adult and absolutely healthy.
In addition, you need to eat such important and necessary products as cottage cheese, seafood, meat, nuts, liver, cocoa, chocolate, soya, etc.
Unfortunately, absolutely healthy people are extremely rare. The older we become, the more issues we may have. As a result, the production of L-arginine in the body begins to decline, and every man after 30 feels its shortage.
Besides, we are very dependent on the diet. But, luckily, we can supplement it, as well. As for me, it’s much easier to take the daily dosage of L-arginine, rather than control the food items we need to eat each and every day. So, you won’t have to eat tons of almonds and seeds. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about putting on extra weight.
L-Arginine for Significant Elevation in Nitric Oxide Level
L-arginine is the only substrate for the synthesis of nitric oxide in the body. Cardiology, oncology, hematology, immunology, physiology, and gerontology experts all over the world have conducted numerous studies, ensuring the miraculous health benefits of nitric oxide in the human body.
And the primary function of L-arginine is regulating the nitric oxide levels in the blood.
Earlier, it was believed that nitric oxide was a carcinogen, which is very dangerous and harmful. That was a common misconception! Few decades ago, American scientists unveiled the myth. They demonstrated the signaling properties of nitric oxide.
Conducting their studies, they have come to the conclusion that the molecules of nitric oxide have the ability to penetrate cellular membranes, bringing the signals to the brain. If the nitric oxide level is sufficient, signals are transmitted to the brain, providing the ability for our body to maintain its own health. In 1998, the scientists were awarded the Nobel Prize for this discovery.
There is evidence that people who were taking L-arginine as a supplement experienced significant elevation in nitric oxide level. These are the molecules, which help different cells in the body to communicate with each other. This is exactly what a job of nitric oxide is.
So, the efficiency of L-arginine to cure ED has been proven over the years of research. It has many medical benefits, too.
L-arginine and NO levels: Scientific Evidence of Interrelation
The most prominent study proving that there is a strong interrelation between L-arginine supplementation and nitric oxide levels involved 50 men suffering from impairment in sexual function.
The participants were divided into two groups, one of which took L-arginine, while the other one took placebo. The study lasted for six weeks. As a result, 31% of patients who have taken amino acid noticed that they regained sexual potency. The participants’ nitric oxide levels have also been measured.
And the scientists found out that these levels increased twice compared to the initial ones. However, it’s worth noting that efficacy of L-arginine is the greatest if impotence is caused by nitric oxide deficiency. But if there is another ED cause, the efficacy of L-arginine decreases.
Can L-Arginine Cure Erectile Dysfunction?
According to a study conducted in 1944, nine men, who were eating food poor in L-arginine, showed a reduction in sperm density by 90%, while the amount of immobile sperm increased tenfold.
As you can see L-arginine is necessary for the sperm production, so it plays a vital role in ensuring the reproductive system.
Another experiment showed that taking 500 mg of L-arginine daily for 6-8 weeks by men, who suffered from erectile dysfunction, significantly increased sperm density, and improved potency, leading to successful pregnancy.
L-arginine in Combination with Various Supplements
It should also be mentioned that the use of L-arginine in combination with the other substances is more helpful for the men’s sexual health than the use of amino acid only.
Thus, it’s possible to successfully combine L-arginine with:
- Pycnogenol. Pycnogenol is a well-know supplement that includes Mediterranean pine bark extract. The clinical trials have demonstrated that this extract and L-arginine enhance ED treating effects of each other. One study has shown that the intake of both mentioned substances helped 70% of patients fix ED. The other study conducted by the Bulgarian scientists in 2003 has indicated that 3 months supplementation with L-arginine plus Pycnogenol was enough for 92.5% of participants to restore the ability to have sexual intercourse. Moreover, the treatment had no side effects.
- Ginseng. Being the most famous herb widely used for curing male sexual problems, ginseng male enhancement pills can be effectively combined with L-arginine. Consumed together, these natural substances alleviate erectile dysfunction symptoms and substantially improve erection rigidity.
- Yohimbine. There is a scientific proof that the consumption of yohimbine derived from yohimbe tree and L-arginine is very beneficial for the men’s health. Thus, the study held in 2002 has shown that such a combination of natural ingredients can significantly intensify blood circulation in penis. Another study carried out in 2010 has also shown a great potential of yohimbine supplement taken along with L-arginine. Mild to moderate ED respond well to this kind of impotence treatment.
The Health Benefits of L-Arginine
I’d like to highlight the main health benefits of L-arginine that I’ve learned about.
- It works as vasodilator. Based on the research, people have experienced an improvement in dilating of blood vessels. L-arginine supplies blood to those working vessels easily and efficiently. This in turn helps lower the blood pressure. In fact, if you increase blood flow, you also increase protein synthesis.
- It helps with cardio-vascular issues.
- It will help you with your immunity.
- L-arginine stimulates the production of growth hormones.
- It also helps increase ATP levels, necessary for your stamina and energy.
- Don’t forget that it’s a natural Viagra. It’s supposed to help men even with porn induced erectile dysfunction, if guys are having problems with their sex drive. I’ve heard that 4 to 5 grams of L-Arginine would actually fix that.
- L-Arginine is able to improve fertility in men and women, increasing libido. Moreover, those, who take L-Arginine, feel more energetic.
L-arginine Supplementation for Bodybuilders
L-arginine is one of the most sought-after supplements in the bodybuilding realm. This supplement perfectly stimulates muscles, starting the regenerative processes, and takes part in the division of muscle cells.
In addition, the amino acid helps remove toxins from the body and improves muscle tissue oxygen saturation. Even the moderate workout routines are enough in order L-arginine could contribute to the muscle growth. Moreover, bodybuilders often note a positive effect of taking L-arginine supplement for quick recovery from injuries.
To get really a powerful effect in bodybuilding, you should take L-arginine not separately, but with the other amino acids or sports supplements. At the same time, you shouldn’t expect that you can lie on the couch, while L-arginine will build super-strong muscles for you. You need to work to see the results.
L- Arginine Functions:
- delivering oxygen to all body cells;
- providing the transmission of nerve impulses;
- regulating blood pressure;
- activating immune system;
- resisting formation of blood clots and atherosclerotic plaques;
- lowering cholesterol;
- preventing the development of metastasis;
- improving blood-forming organs;
- protecting liver from cirrhosis;
- helping to remove toxins from the body;
- preventing the risk of diabetes;
- accelerating the growth of muscle tissue and reduces the fat layer of the body;
- having positive effect on the healing of wounds, fractures, and diabetic ulcers;
- preventing the development of osteoporosis;
- regulating sexual development;
- improving sperm production, increasing the sperm count;
- increasing the potency.
L-arginine for Erectile Dysfunction: Side Effects
L-arginine can be harmful only in case of non-compliance with treatment instructions. However, the amino acid has some potential adverse effects which should be remembered.
The most common adverse effects include:
- Low blood pressure.
- Blood abnormalities.
- Distended abdomen.
- Abdominal pain.
- Gouty arthritis.
- Asthma exacerbation.
- Respiratory tract diseases.
Contraindications for the L-arginine Use
L-arginine ED pills is contraindicated if a person suffers from the following diseases:
- Schizophrenia and other mental disorders.
- Bronchial asthma.
- Pancreatic disorders.
- Kidney diseases.
[notice color=’#ebebeb’]In addition, children and adolescents up to 18 years of age shouldn’t take L-arginine due to its strong effect on the pituitary gland. Stimulation of this gland can lead to the abnormal growth hormone production and the development of gigantism.[/notice]
Furthermore, L-arginine supplementation during pregnancy and lactation can also be risky. So, during these periods, it’s strongly recommended not to take any amino acids.
- L-arginine – Is Herbal Natural Supplements Containing L-arginine Good for Better Harder Erection? - April 27, 2018
- Cordyceps Sinensis: Erectile Dysfunction Treatment and Increasing Libido - November 10, 2017
- Pomegranate Protects Men Against Erectile Dysfunction (ED) - November 8, 2017